What is true and what is false? That is what is the million dollar question leading up to the 2014 NBA draft. It’s hard to tell what rumors to take serious and which ones are flat out lies.
After doing my homework on most all of these players, and without getting a up close and personal view of them. I will try to see through the crap and pick who my eyes and gut tell me teams want. Also on a side note this is difficult because of the trades that will happen at some point in the first round that can change anything.
1.Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker are the top two players in this draft and will go 1, 2 to whoever the teams end up being. Fact
2. Joel Embiid’s injury worries will make him fall out of the top 5. Fact
3. Noah Vonleh is ahead of Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon on most GM’s big boards. Fiction
4. Dante Exum is considered a point guard and is ranked ahead of Marcus Smart. Fact
5. Elfrid Payton is a lottery pick after not being considered top 20 until after the combine. Fiction
6. There is a BIG gap in athleticism and ceiling between the 1st pick and the 5th pick. Fiction
7. There is a BIG gap between the perceived Wiggins and Parker compared to the rest. Fact
8. Nik Stauskas will be drafted before Doug McDermott. Fact
9. This draft will live up to expectations. Fact and Fiction ~ (Fact as a whole, Fiction as the top 2-3 being superstars and not just stars) ie not KD or Lebron level.