Hello everyone, I’m back!! I just can’t stay away from the chance to do an NBA Mock Draft! So before knowing how the lottery shakes out, here’s my guess as to what could go down on Draft night.
1. Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Wiggins – Milwaukee has a lot of needs and this guy can help on both sides of the ball.
2. Philadelphia 76ers: Jabari Parker – I think the 76ers would take Wiggins if the get the #1 pick. In this scenario the get the #2 rated wing. Not bad.
3. Orlando Magic: Dante Exum – I could see the Magic taking Embiid here as well but they need PG help.
4. Utah Jazz: Joel Embiid – Derrick Favor is a PF. I repeat, Derrick Favors is a PF. Embiid gives the Jazz a legit starting center right away. He will be elite defensively and has the talent to develop his offensive game. Most importantly, he’s the best player left on the board.
5. Boston Celtics: Julius Randle – I know they already have Trey Burke‘s best friend on the team, but again Randle is the best player available and the Celtics happily take him.
6. LA Lakers: Marcus Smart – The Lakers need wings. Smart could start at PG right away or he could back up Kobe if Nick Young bolts.
7. Sacramento Kings: Tyler Ennis – This may be a bit of a reach here but the Kings need a PG that can run a team. Ennis appears to be that guy.
8. Detroit Pistons: Noah Vonleh – Vonleh probably complements Drummond a lot better than Monroe does. This way they don’t have to worry about overpaying Monroe to stay.
9. Cleveland Cavaliers: Aaron Gordon – They won’t sign Luol Deng and will need a replacement. Enter Gordon whose versatility is very enticing here.
10. Philadelphia 76ers: Dario Saric – After getting the wing the covet with their 1st pick they go big with their 2nd pick. Dario Saric and MCW together would make quick work on the offensive end with their passing ability.
11. Denver Nuggets: Doug McDermott – I don’t know what the 3PM and 3PA records for rookies are but this would be a nice fit for McDermott to break those records.
12. Orlando Magic: Gary Harris: Harris would be a great replacement for Aaron Afflalo if the Magic trade him this offseason.
14. Phoenix Suns: James Young – According to Chard Ford at ESPN, if Young “had shot the ball more consistently as a freshman, he would have been gone six to eight spots higher. Still, scouts are convinced there’s nothing wrong with his stroke, and given a little more time, he could be very effective at stretching defenses.” Who better to help out with an inconsistent shooting stroke than Jeff Hornacek? Plus, Suns have only 1 other SF on their roster, 29 year old P.J. Tucker.
There you have it! What do you think will happen on draft night? Leave you comments below.