If you haven’t heard by now, Jazz rookie point guard Trey Burke was selected to compete in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge at All-Star Weekend. Trey is not the first Jazz man to compete in the event, but this could be Trey’s first of what could be many All-Star events to come.
Tonight on TNT, the players that have been selected to play in the game will have their names put on a board. The teams will then be drafted by the “acting GM’s”. Once the teams are drafted, fans will have a chance to cast their vote for who should be in the starting lineups. With the draft happening tonight, I figured it would be fun to show what my draft would look like and then see how it compares to the actual one happening tonight!
1. Anthony Davis - There is no way that this guy gets passed up! He got snubbed to play in the main game at All-Star weekend in his home arena. He will be ready to have a monster game!
2. Damian Lillard - The former Weber State product won Rookie of the Year last season. He is one of the best young point guards in the game!
3. Michael Carter-Williams - He has been solid all year and has been a stat sheet filler. Teams underestimated him in the draft, but I don’t see him slipping too far down the draft board in this draft.
4. Andre Drummond - The Pistons big man is explosive and paired with Lillard could make for some excitement.
5. Harrison Barnes – With a good point guard and one of the best young centers in the league already on the team, adding a wing like Barnes makes for a good show.
6. Jonas Valanciunas - The Raptors big man is playing pretty good basketball as of late and is a bruiser down low. Teamed up with Drummond down low, not a lot of other people are going to get rebounds.
7. Victor Oladipo - This team already has some pretty good explosive players at the other 3 positions, and Oladipo is probably the most explosive player at the 2 guard position.
8. Giannis Antetokounmpo - One site has already published a re-drafted the 2013 NBA draft, and when they did that, they put the Bucks forward at #1 overall.
9. Bradley Beal - A guy who is great from the outside and can light it up makes for a good show.
10. Trey Burke - The Jazz rookie has been fantastic this year and could have a great opportunity in this game to outplay his competition for Rookie of the Year.
11. Kelly Olynyk - The former Gonzaga standout might match up well with this team, playing alongside Davis.
12. Tim Hardaway Jr. - The best part of him getting drafted here, former Michigan teammates get to play on the same team again, (Burke).
13. Dion Waters - This kid is explosive and has a chance to be really good. Rumors make it seem like he just doesn’t have his head on straight.
14. Terrance Jones - Jones gives this team another player on the wing that could make plays.
15. Steven Adams - This team is smaller than the other team, so you got to draft a big guy to help keep up on the boards.
16. Jared Sullinger - Another former teammate joining Burke, only this time, a high school teammate.
17. Mason Plumlee - Watching him in games this season with the Nets, when he gets on the floor, he actually is pretty athletic for his size.
18. Pero Antic - The surprising Hawks rookie that has shot up the Rookie of the Year rankings doesn’t really impress me as much as he does others. He’s good, but not Rookie of the Year good.
The draft takes place on TNT tonight at 7:00 p.m. EST. Be sure to tune in and see where Trey goes!