After watching and listening to 7 Jazz preseason games I’m starting to get a little feel of what this team is about. It’s still preseason and we still can’t look into too much (ie Marvin shooting lights out last preseason), but we can look at tendencies. Here are a few things I’ve noticed:
- Hayward wants the ball in his hands and he is trying really hard to be the guy. He has forced a lot of (bad) shots but ultimately he will get a hang of what he needs to do to help the team win.
- Hayward also has a handful of new moves, a quicker release on his three ball and a higher interest to drive and dish.
- Favors has moves that we’ve seen before a time or two but they are more polished now. Every game his patience and timing have been getting better and he is letting the game come to him.
- Favors is leading the league in rebounding during the preseason with 11.9 a game in …. (gasp) only 26 minutes of play per outing.
- John Lucas is NOT a starting point guard and will not play more than 20 minutes on any night once Burke is back.
- Richard Jefferson still has it. He’s a great veteran to have on this team and to compliment Hayward on the wings.
- Free throw shooting is really really bad. How bad you ask? The best guy on the team is shooting just 75%. Awful
- The offense has been what the media has thought it would be, but I think as the year progresses the Jazz get much better at putting the ball in the hoop.
- When guys that will actually make this team play, the team competes at a high level (minus the Clippers home game).
- Kanter doesn’t seem right. He’s been great at getting points and his stats look great for the most part but he looks lost and awkward at times.
- Burks is struggling to hit a jumper and that is not a good sign with Rush coming back soon looking for minutes.
- The defense will keep the Jazz in most games.
- Ty Corbin looks more comfortable this year and I think it will be better for him even without as many wins.
- Gobert is long.. How many times have I heard or said that already?!
- Trey is needed and hopefully is back in the middle of November.
- Boler hates Harpring or at least loves ripping into him every chance he gets.
What have you noticed? Leave your thoughts below.
Tags: Utah Jazz