The first game is in the book and here are a few of the things that popped out to me:
- Burks as a 6th man is genius if Alec can mentally handle coming off the bench and if fans will keep their mouths shut and see how this works out. Yes Alec is better than Richard Jefferson right now in their careers but the Jazz will need scoring off the bench and somebody to run the offense through, who better than Alec.
- Evans and Kanter both can spread the floor with their shooting which will be necessary if the Jazz want to compete this year.
- The Jazz are much deeper than I thought. If John Lucas can stripe it like tonight and also get production from McGuire (who looks like he is on this team at least tell Marvin is healthy) and also Evans and Burks off the bench the Jazz will be in most games.
- The defense looks a thousand times better than last year but take Al off a team and that’s what you get. I expect the Jazz to be in games solely cause of their defensive effort and if tonight is any indication then that should be true.
- Trey helped erase some fears from the summer league. Surround the guy with talent and Trey is much more poised. Plus he hit a couple threes which is more than the whole week in Orlando.
- Hayward will fill the stat sheet every night. 8 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds and 3 steals in 26 minutes is outstanding and shows he will lead this team at least in his play.
- Golden State looked out of it and playing a back to back with almost no incentive showed. Jazz should take this game with a grain of salt and only look at the bad from the game. This way they can work out what needs to be worked out instead of feeling the false hope of thinking they did something tonight.
- Holding a team to 32% and 78 points on any night is great and should be applauded.
- Will Ian Clark make the Jazz? I’m thinking he might get waived after signing a two year deal but we shall see. Justin Holliday and Dominic McGuire look like solid additions and Scott Machado as the 3rd point is almost a lock. I don’t see how the Jazz keep Ian..
- Favors and Evans getting double doubles in just over 20 minutes is impressive.
- Can’t wait for the regular season!
Topics: Utah Jazz