With the latest hire of our beloved Jerry Sloan as a Senior Adviser (also known as the guy that will takeover the second Corbin screws up), the Jazz have made sure they will be competitive in the future.
- Already the Jazz are looking better than they did the past couple seasons with the additions of Karl Malone and Jerry Sloan. Favors, Kanter and even Evans should be in much improved shape this next year even up and above what they were this past season.
- Pretty much get the consensus that the Jazz will not be resigning Millsap, Jefferson and Watson.
- The Jazz will draft a (3rd) big and a point guard with its 14th and 21st picks unless the best player on the board is overwhelmingly better (say a Shabazz Muhammad or a Tim Hardaway Jr.)
- The Jazz will look to include at least one more point guard through free agency and as always have three on the roster. This possibly means resigning Tinsley as the third point guard.
- The team is Hayward’s and Favors now so hopefully they will step up and be good leaders. I expect Hayward to be like he was at Butler where nobody questioned that it was his team. Favors on the other hand is more reserved and quiet but I’m sure he will strive when put in that spot.
- Dennis Lindsay wants to go young and I agree 100% so this next year possibly could be a down year just because the team might lack depth. The young “core 4″ will excel as starters as they have every time they’ve been given an opportunity. The bench hopefully will have something like the Spurs have with Green and Neal to come in and knock down shots.
- The new Jumbo screen is HUGE and AWESOME!!! It will make the game so much more enjoyable with the new sound system too.
- One week til draft!
Topics: Utah Jazz