It’s usually not too hard to guess who will start for a team the following year. Most of the time one guy maybe two will be new but the other three or four are the same. Most likely that will not be the case with the Jazz this next season. Nobody knows if Al or Sap will be back but most are guessing that they won’t be due to the guys the Jazz have coming off the bench. So here is my guess at the top guys the Jazz will have at each position for a starter.
1. Mo Williams- Nobody knows who the Jazz will have at point guard next season but most likely guy is the same one from this year. Mo was hurt for quite a while this past year and isn’t a true point but he did bring an aspect the Jazz desperately needed from the year before and that is three point shooting.
2. Jarret Jack- All sources are pointing that Jack will be looking for a starter position before resigning with the Warriors. Their aren’t too many teams that would be willing and have the money for Jack but the Jazz could very well be one of those. He brings the same thing Mo does with better defense and a better clutch gene.
3. Insert rookie draft pick here- Whether the Jazz go with CJ McCollum, Michael Carter-Williams, Dennis Schroeder, Isaiah Canaan or Shane Larkin they will have options. This is the deepest draft at point that I remember so the Jazz should be able to get a quality guy at either the 21st or 14th pick.
1. Randy Foye- The Jazz resigning Foye is somewhere in the 99% range and he did start last year. Foye wants to be in Utah and the Jazz need him but most likely he will probably start coming off the bench after a few weeks of starting.
2. Alec Burks- Alec deserves the chance to play as he showed how good he can be the second half the season. He is the only guy the Jazz have that can get to the hoop at will. He will start sometime the question is just when.
3. Least likely is OJ Mayo but the Jazz are rumored to make an offer to him and they can offer him quite a lot of money.
1. Gordon Hayward- It’s his team now, no question of that this year. He will start.
1. Derrick Favors- If he doesn’t start it will be because the Jazz bring in somebody and management doesn’t believe that Favors is the future. 90% chance Sap doesn’t resign with the Jazz and that Favor gets the nod.
1. Al Jefferson- Although he is a free agent, I know he wants to stay in Utah. That being said the Jazz won’t offer him more than he deserves (if they offer anything at all). I expect Al will be somewhere else next year but as of now he is more likely to be a Jazz guy than Sap is.
2. Enes Kanter- I say give him the nod and just go young this next year. When Kanter started he posted beastly numbers including a 23 point 22 board game against the Bobcats in SLC. The guy I think is not completely ready but he learns quick so throw him in and see what happens.