Power rankings have always been something that I’ve enjoyed looking at and it gives me an idea how others view all the teams. The thought I had was to do it with the players on the Jazz as it seems like they go through ups and downs quite a bit through the course of the season. I know this season is ending but this is something that will continue from week 1 next season as well. So without further blabbering here is the first ever Jazz player power rankings:
1. Gordon Hayward- When he is the go-to-guy the Jazz are a much better team.
2. Al Jefferson- If he played defense he would be number 1, really wants to win but not good enough to run the offense solely through him.
3. Derrick Favors- Allowed 21 points in 19 minutes against San Antonio (yes mainly because of his presence inside)
4. Alec Burks- Playing as well as anybody on the Jazz right now
5. Paul Millsap- Should be higher but seems lost or unmotivated as of late, played well against Dallas
6. Enes Kanter- Plays very few minutes but turns in big games still; 17 points in 21 minutes leading the Jazz vs Dallas
7. Marvin Williams- Shooting better and looks like he has a bounce in his step again. Solid defender.
8. Randy Foye- All-time leading Jazz 3 pt shooter in a single season and still a month to play
9. Mo Williams- When he shoots well this team can beat anyone, bad news is he isn’t shooting too well since coming back from surgery
10. DeMarre Carroll- Hasn’t gotten the time as of late but should be a rotational guy with his hustle and work ethic
11. Jeremy Evans- When he gets the time he actually has been playing very well
12. Jamal Tinsley- Best years are way behind him
13. Earl Watson- Seriously can’t believe this guy is in the NBA let alone gets playing time
14. Kevin Murphy- Not enough play time to til if he has what it takes to be in NBA
Criticize and leave comments below
Here is a look at Hayward’s season numbers
Tags: Utah Jazz