Don’t look now, but the Utah Jazz are tied with the San Antonio Spurs as the only team in the NBA with 15 wins. How have the Jazz accomplished this? Well, to find that out, you don’t need to look much farther than their current 7-game winning streak, in which they have beaten the likes of the LA Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, Portland Trail Blazers, and Indiana Pacers (I chose these 4 because they are all very respectable opponents).
In this 7-game winning streak, there have been some things to definitely take note of. Here are 7 fun facts just for you:
- The Jazz have won 6 of those 7 games by double digits.
- The Jazz have scored at least 102 points in 6 of those 7 games.
- The Jazz have won 5 of those games at home, which has brought their home record from 3-3 to 8-3.
- The Jazz have been led in scoring by Deron Williams 5 times in that span (last 5 games) (CJ Miles led them in the first 2 games).
- Every Jazz player had a rebound against the Clippers except for Kyrylo Fesenko (go figure!).
- Andrei Kirilenko has scored in double digits in all but one of those games (he didn’t score against the Hornets).
- Jeremy Evans has not missed a shot during the entire win streak. In fact, he has not missed a shot in 9 games. (Evans is 3-3 from the field in his limited playing time)